Information for Charities
- You must be a registered not-for-profit or charitable organization eligible to provide tax receipts for donations.
- You must be previously established for at least 1 year (no start-ups).
- No national or international charities, programs or organizations will be considered at this time as the current focus is on contributing to our local community. National organizations that have a program where 100% of the funds would be donated back to the local area ARE eligible for nomination.
- An organization that is selected for the group donation may not be considered again for a period of at least one year.
What happens at our meeting?
- Charity representatives are invited and asked to make a 5 minute presentation (no collateral materials please) at the upcoming meeting.
- After presentations from 3 charities, members in attendance vote to choose one.
- The organization with the greatest amount of votes is the recipient of the funds that evening.
- The two remaining charities receive advertising campaign vouchers courtesy of Rewind 89.3!
Registered members in good standing can nominate one charitable organization for consideration prior to each meeting.
If you meet our elibility criteria, your charity must be nominated by one of our members. Recruit a new member (or join yourself!) and ask them to submit your name. Recruiting members this way is one of the ways we grow our own membership - and the more members we have, the bigger the giving!
No. Our group donation is by the group. Unless otherwise specified (separately) by that member, our individual members do not want to be contacted directly by your organization in any way other than to receive their donation tax receipt. We ask our members to notify our co-chairs if they do get contacted directly by your organization.
Congratulations! Organizations who are chosen to receive our group donation are asked to keep track of the donations they receive from our members. At a future meeting, your charity will be asked to return to give us an update on your progress since our donation. You will not be eligible to present to our group at another meeting for at least one year.
Organizations who present at a meeting but are not the final recipient receive a voucher for a radio marketing campaign courtesy of Rewind 89.3. Nobody walks away empty-handed. Those organizations are NOT returned back to the selection hat for the next meeting. So if you presented at a meeting and your group was not chosen, you must be nominated again by a current member – or recruit a new member for us who will nominate you! The more nominations, the higher your chance of being selected for consideration.
Tips for Charities
- Take the time to connect with us online. Let our members know who you are, what services you provide to our community and generally why the organization you work for is the best around. You can find us on Facebook here. The more we know about you, the more likely it is that one of our members will nominate you.
- Make it attractive to us! The reality is that presentations asking for funds to cover your overhead expenses are not going to be as interesting - or attention-grabbing - as project-based fundraising.
- In your presentation, there is no time allotted for questions from the members. Make sure you detail your need and organization as clearly as possible.
- If your group is chosen for our donation, we will ask you to return for the next meeting to give us an update on how your project has progressed since you received our group donation. This is a wonderful way to showcase your project’s progress, show accountability, and help us feel awesome about supporting your organization.